See also:

FSFE is misusing FSF name to steal donations from Richard Stallman

Video: Girlfriends?

Debian Day Suicide: Frans Pop RIP

Frans Pop, Debian Day suicide

`Open Source' trademark

Bruce Perens has written to me (in my capacity as SPI President) to
ask for confirmation that we'd be happy to transfer the Open Source
trademark to a new organisation he will be setting up very shortly.
The board of this organisation will apparently initially consist of
Bruce, Ian Murdock, Tim Sailer and Eric Raymond.  He mentioned a
timescale of a week.

I have grave doubts regarding this situation; Bruce appears to be
bringing a piece of IPR which is very important to the free software
community much more closely under his control (and under the control
of Eric Raymond, whom I don't necessarily trust either).  There seem
to be no effective checks and/or balances.

However, I can't think of any justification for a refusal.

In the meantime, I think it will take more than a week to get all of
our paperwork sorted, and I'm going to be away for a week or so, so
I'll tell Bruce that.

Thanks,
Ian.